Hey guys
Please forgive BP for not using 3rd person (or is it first person) through this blog...BP IS TIRED!!!
We came home from the hospital Tuesday and we are now back in the hospital as of 12:30 today (Friday).
Rowan is good and his doc appointment went well. The Jondas (spelling?) is under control. However Erin is not in the same boat.
As of Wednesday Erin started to complain that her incision was hurting and "on fire". Of course I checked it but didn't see anything abnormal. Thursday came around and more of the same but I still didn't see anything abnormal when checking it. So we waited till her schedule doc appoint at 10:00 this morning (Friday). Erin said the doc's words this morning (I was sitting in car with Rowan cause his appointment was at 10:30) "Oh, that doesn't look good". Dr. A decided to send us back to Crestwood to get some high dosage antibiotics. When the nurses started looking at Erin in the hospital, I realized I wasn't looking in the right place and I saw what they saw. We knew it was going to be at least one night stay (and probably 2 nights) so Belinda arrived at the scene and so I took that opportunity to run home to pack bags. When I returned I found that Erin's infection looked 10 times worse. Dr. Peterson was the doc on call so she came and took a look and said "we are opening you up". They took Erin into surgery around 6:10 and 2 hours later she returned with a wound vacuum installed.This wound vacuum will stay installed in Erin for 1-2 weeks and so now she has a tub running from her incision to this box that she has to carry around. We are staying in the hospital till at least Sunday night but I foresee it being Monday before discharge comes and that is if all goes well. There are some much more details like the fact that she has a sponge in her open wound. More details can be given if needed.
Erin is in much better spirits than she has been all week long. Very chipper so far (but she also has a lot of drugs shooting into her).
We need your prayers that this infection will go away.
Brandon and Erin News!
Living the life!!
Friday, January 22, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment